EXPANDED TERTIARY EDUCATION EQUIVALENCY AND ACCREDITATION PROGRAM
The Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) is an alternative education delivery mode promulgated through Executive Order 330, which promotes access to continuing quality higher education. It is an effective system of academic equivalency and accreditation of prior learning from relevant work experiences and formal/non-formal educational training. Deputized higher educational institutions are authorized to conduct competency based evaluation and award appropriate degrees to deserving individuals. This is realized through the establishment of equivalency competence standards and a comprehensive assessment system through written tests, interview skills demonstration and other creative assessment and methodologies.
The Technological University of the Philippines (TUP) is a state university and as a center of excellence in technical, technological education and training provides higher and advanced programs to develop globally competitive graduates for education, industry and related sectors through instruction, research, extension and production for a sustainable future and desired quality of life. The University offers varied academic programs and curricular offerings from baccalaureate programs in engineering, industrial education, architecture, computer science, applied science and technology to graduate studies in industrial education, engineering science, technology education and management. TUP was among the seven(7) HEIs in the National Capital Region (NCR) deputized to implement ETEEAP in 1998.
The TUP ETEEAP commits itself to contribute to the development of globally competitive teachers, technologists, and engineers through academic equivalency and accreditation of relevant learning and experiences gained in the workplace.
Anchored on the general goals and objectives set by (CHED), the TUP ETEEAP has formulated the following institutional objectives:
- To accredit and assess prior non-formal and informal (experiential and certificated) learning of individual towards the granting of equivalency certificates and awards in higher education:
- using developed instruments to identify the competencies of the applicants and determine their level in each.
- adapting/adopting appropriated instructional strategies/materials/tools for competency claims validation.
- . applying a supplementary course delivery system (SCDS) which includes self-instructional modules, face-to-face learning sessions/ one-on-one tutorials.
- To act as channel for the industry workforce to gain access to educational opportunities through the ETEEAP scheme.
- To assist the TUP Management in the development of internal policies and systems of program implementation consistent with Executive Order 330.
- Ensuring the highest standards of quality that are acceptable to employers and academe, consistent with international standards.
- Non-discrimination to entry of applicants to the program.
- Fairness, creativity and appropriateness of the assessment process.
- Adherence to the highest principles of integrity and excellence.
- Partnership between the industry, professional associations, professional regulatory bodies and the academe.
- Promotion of career guidance, self-evaluation and further competency enhancement.
An ETEEAP candidate must meet the following:
- Filipino, at least high school graduate or must have PEPT equivalent to first year college.
- Has at least five years of relevant work experience.
- Must be at least twenty-five (25) years old; and
- Able to show evidence of capability and thorough knowledge through the following evidences:
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by the government regulatory board.
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by the employer/s.
- Certificate of Proficiency issued by a licensed practitioner in the field.
- Business registration.
- Letter of Application
- Recommendation letter from immediate superior
- Educational Background
- High School Card/ Form 137A/ PEPT Certificate/ Transcript of Records
- Honorable dismissal from the school last attended
- Work experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Service record or certification of employment
- Appointment and/or designation with level of position and job description/ duties and responsibilities per position held
- Other proofs of work experience
- Two (2) pcs. latest Picture 2x2 (colored, photo taken on white background)
- Original Birth Certificate (NSO authenticated)
- NBI / Barangay Clearance
Step 1: Orientation
The applicant secures the application forms from TUP-ETEEAP and then submits the accomplished forms along with the supporting evidence that establishes the qualifications for program.
Step 2: Submission of Requirements
Applicant prepares all portfolio documents & admission requirements.
2.1 Submits his/her portfolio documents for pre-assessment
2.2 Pays testing fee at the Cashier’s Office
2.3 Takes the Work and Personality (WAP) Test at the Guidance Office
2.4 Schedule for panel assessment
Step 3: Competency Assessment
Panel of Assessors reviews the following:
3.1 Evaluate the competency portfolio of the applicant;
3.2 Determine the equivalent credit/s to be awarded to the applicant by comparing the demonstrated training, learning outcomes and requirements of the subject or course for which the applicant is pursuing accreditation and equivalency;
3.3 Identify the supplementary courses to be taken by the applicant; and
3.4 Recommend appropriate modular learning package.
3.5 Applicants who do not qualify will be informed of their deficiencies to complete the requirements.
Step 4: Schedule to inform the applicant of the following:
4.1 Result of the assessment process
4.2 Modular subject packages to take with the schedule of classes
4.3 Faculty-expert who will handle the modular learning package
4.4 Schedule of course fees
Step 5: Enrollment
Candidate follows the Enrollment Procedures
Step 6: Compliance of Requirements
The candidate is required to complete the following requirements:
6.1 Attends all modular sessions scheduled by the faculty-expert
6.2 Settles his/her account and other required fees
6.3 Presents a project study to the Panel of Assessors
6.4 Submits his/her portfolio to the ETEEAP Office
Step 7: Graduation/Conferring of Degree
The candidate prepares for graduation requirements:
7.1 Fills out and submits the application for graduation to the registrar
7.2 Attends the graduation ceremony and is awarded with the degree
- Part I. Personal Assessment
- WAP Test
- Part II. Competency Assessment
- Educational Background
- Work Experience
- Professional/Personal Development
- Worksite Visitation/Skills Demonstration
- Knowledge / Performance Tests
- Project/Thesis Presentation
- Part III. Supplementary/ Enhancement Courses
- Thesis/ Research Report
- Application/ Filing Fee
- WAP Testing Fee - Php 900.00
- Competency Validation Testing Fee
- Tuition Fee - Php 600.00/unit
- School Fees/Miscellaneous - Php 1,590.00
- Identification (ID) Card on 1st Enrollment - Php 150.00
- Supplementary/Enhancement Course Lecturer' Fees - Php 1,900.00/unit
- Professional Fees for Assessment / Project Presentation - Php 2,600.00
- Adviser's Fee - Php 1,900.00
- Project Paper/ Thesis Manuscript Editing
ETEEAP CURRICULAR OFFERINGS
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
- Bachelor of Science major in Computer Science (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science major in Information Systems (BSIS)
- Bachelor of Science major in Information Technology (BSIT)
COLLEGE OF INDUSTRIAL EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (BSIE) major in
- Art Education (AE)
- Computer Education (CE)
- Home Economics (HE)
- Industrial Arts (IA)
- Electrical Technology (ET)
- Electronics Technology (EST)
- Bachelor in Technician Teacher Education (BTTE)
in various technical majors
COLLEGE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelor of Technology (BT) major in
- Apparel and Fashion Technology (AFT)
- Automotive Engineering Technology (AET)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Civil Engineering Technology (CET)
- Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
- Electronics Communications Engineering Technology (ECET)
- Electronics Engineering Technology (ESET)
- Foundry Engineering Technology (FET)
- Graphic Arts and Printing Technology (GAPT)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technology (ICET)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET)
- Nutrition and Food Technology (NFT)
- Power Plant Engineering Technology (PPET)
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineering Technology (RACET)
- Tool and Die Engineering Technology (TDET)
- Welding Engineering Technology (WET)
Dr. Kevien P. Cabarrubias-Dela Cruz
Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program
Technological University of the Philippines
Ground Floor College of Liberal Arts
Ayala Blvd. cor. San Marcelino St. Ermita, Manila 1000
Telephone No.: (02)5301-3001 loc 616
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com