Extension Services at TUP
The University Extension Services (UES), a dynamic service oriented sector of the TUP, composed of qualified extension workers, provides capability enhancement in advanced science, technology and technological education for industry, academe and related sectors, through technology transfer, continuing education and training and information dissemination to contribute significantly to the attainment of the national development goals.
- Generate and disseminate extension projects in identified priority areas in advanced technology and technological education, applied science and related areas for global competitiveness.
- Contribute substantially to the national development targets through effective technology transfer, continuing education and training and utilization of state-of-the-art amenities and facilities.
- To implement relevant extension programs that will improve science and technology system, process, materials and products.
- To establish a Center for Continuing Education and Training (CCET) to take a lead in identifying, initiating, designing, packaging, marketing and implementing relevant short courses, seminar and other non-formal education program.
- To provide a dynamic and integrated community development services in the target areas of the University through collaborative efforts of faculty, students, and the community.
- To develop state-of-the-start education and training materials for effective promotion and dissemination of extension programs.
Strategies of Implementation
- Development of relevant extension programs
- Capacity building of faculty, staff, and students
- Facilitate development of a school/community
- Facility development
- Resource generations and acquisition
- Continuous linkaging and networking
- Continuous analysis of the extension management system